Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

So Flippin' Proud of Myself

I have had the opportunity to do my nieces' hair on occasion. Zoe is such a dream. She sits still for the most part and doesn't mind having her hair brushed or pulled a bit. So, doing her hair in french braids is not a big task.



Addie on the other hand is not a dream. She whines and cries and needs distraction. One night we had her overnight and so I prepped her on and off all evening and morning.  I showed her what her hair would look like and how hard I'd have to pull her hair. She seemed amenable to the idea, but I wasn't sure it would happen. So I pulled out my ipod and set up a movie for her to watch and found a little box of "treasures" for her to look through. (That's all of the crap on the table.) Miracle of miracles! I was able to french braid her hair for the first time without any real whining or crying! She was pretty pleased with it too.


1 comment:

Matt and Haley said...

I'm hoping I have a girl someday so I can do all sort of cute and fun hairstyles! It looks great!