Saturday, November 22, 2008
Christmas Movie Round Up
Most of you know that I love quotations - especially movie quotes. Well, I've decided to make a Christmas movie quote poster. So, that means I am in the process of finding and choosing the best Christmas movie quotes. If anyone has some they'd like to share with me, that would be so awesome! Either comment or email me your favorites. This should be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Here's a couple from "A Christmas Story" -
"Christmas was on its way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved."
"I triple-dog-dare ya!" and of course, "You'll shoot your eye out."
Oh I just sent you a doozie of an email filled with quotes :)
Though, for the blog world record, I will say that my favorite Christmas movie is by far The Muppets Christmas Carol. I cannot wait to watch it this year with the boys!
This may not make it on your list, but I watch it every Christmas: Die Hard.
"If this is your idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Years!"
I'll try to think of others that might be more main stream... ;)
My favorite Chistmas movie is also The Muppets Christmas Carol. I will have to drag it out tomorrow and watch it again - just for Ali! I know there are some great quotes in it.
Speaking of quotes - the Deseret News had a list of good movie quotes in Chris Hicks column of Friday's theater section. They were words of wisdom quotes. I'll email you the link for future reference.
Maybe it's not the best made movie, but I still quote Home Alone every year, especially when the guy with a gun from the black-and-white movie goes:
"Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal. (bang bang bang) And a happy new year. (bang)"
Then of course there's The Santa Clause, which I must watch every year or it's not properly Christmas. Here's one:
"I was three. And it was an Oscar Meyer weenie whistle. Christmas came...no weenie whistle. And that's when I stopped believing."
Oh man...good times.
My all time fav is the grinch who stole Christmas, I'll give ya the whole quote so you can pick it apart, so here ya go:
1)The Grinch hated Christmas - the whole Christmas season. Oh, please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. Or maybe his head wasn't screwed on just right. But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
2)And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus two
3)Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The Grinch got a wonderful, awful idea
4)...there's a light on this tree that won't light on one side. So I'm taking it home to my work shop, my dear. I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here.
You can't have a Christmas movie quote page without a quote from It's A Wonderful Life...
"Teacher says, 'Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.'"
"To my big brother George - the richest man in town!"
Post a Comment