After four, maybe five years I finally decided what I wanted to paint on my bathroom wall. Now, knowing me, my final choice was really a no-brainer, but it took me awhile to come up with it. I kept thinking that I wanted a quote of some sort in there, like "Splish Splash" or something. But two weeks ago I came up with my great idea and set to work. I must say, it took longer that I thought, but I LOVE the end result! And in case you didn't know, the star is supposed to be wonky. I'm just not a perfectly symmetrical kind of girl!
Before I started
If you look closely you can see my perfectly straight outlines. Yes, I did do them in different colors
The first coat
After two coats of black and several coats of red
The end result!
3 comments:
Very nice! What kind of paint did you use? I'm impressed that your lines are so straight - I would have used painters tape and still gotten them crooked!
Today I decided that I want to paint a tree in my bathroom. A stylistic tree. One that I'm sure Gus will look at and say "hmmm." LOL We will see how long it takes before I actually paint it!
I used high gloss from Walmart. I didn't use tape. I used a straight edge for my guide lines and then was super careful painting. It's not perfect, but it looks like it in the pictures.
Wow. That looks amazing!
Post a Comment