Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Mansfield Park 2007

Things I Liked: This is probably my favorite version for several reasons. It doesn't drag on and on and on. It's very upbeat and fun. I like all of the actors in it. I enjoy the soundtrack. I love the scene where it dawns on Edmund that he's in love with Fanny and all of the ensuing scenes. Yes, it's cheesy, but I don't mind. The wedding at the end was quite delightful as well. Aunt Norris gets a pretty good comeuppance in the end. I liked that Lady Bertram was not always in some drug induced haze. She actually had a rather helpful part in the movie.


Things I Didn't Like: I don't like that they had her stay along at Mansfield instead of being sent home. It just wouldn't have brought as much perspective as going to her poverty-stricken family would have. I never felt that Edmund was truly infatuated with Mary Crawford, as he was in all of the other versions. I can't say I missed it, but it brought a dimension to his personality I rather liked. Overall, there wasn't much that I disliked about this movie.

Fanny

Henry, Fanny, William and Edmund

Maria, Mr. Rushworth, Julia, Tom and Fanny

Henry and Mary Crawford

Mrs. Norris

Lady and Sir Thomas Bertram

I love this awning

Edmund and Fanny

One of my favorite scenes

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Definitely my favorite version as well.