Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Playing at the Assembly Hall

I was asked to play for stake conference in the Assembly Hall again. I have to say after my last experience, this time was a breeze. Since it was all hymns, I only practiced for two weeks preceding conference. Two of those days were spent practicing at the Assembly Hall.

It was nice that I didn't have to get approved to play the Assembly Hall organ again. It was fantastic that I didn't have to accompany the choir on the organ!!!

I had my mom come down with me the first day I practiced to help me decided what registrations I wanted for the various hymns, postludes and preludes. (Registrations are the stops or buttons that you press to get different sounds on the organ.) We picked out some great ones and I even changed them for different verses. I don't normally change them at church, but it does sound pretty cool!

The day of stake conference went rather well. I arrived early enough to run through my hymns, practicing changing the presets. Then I became increasingly less nervous the more I played, which was nice. I was still worried I wouldn't come in on time with Sonja, but I think I did ok. All in all I was pleased with my performance.

Oh, and as a side note, the stake president thanked me over the pulpit for playing this time. ; ) The matron from the temple presidency also mentioned my prelude. So it was two for one that day!


2 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

SUPER cute dress! You look so good!

Lisa Chin said...

Great job! You're an old pro now! ;)