After flying all day - from SLC to Denver, 3 hour layover in Denver and then Denver to Chicago - we arrived in the windy city around six in the evening and my cute nephews were there to greet us with a 'Welcome' sign at the airport.
The following day was my birthday - the big 30! The morning started out with gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes. They even put candles in them.
After breakfast the boys and I worked on the computer. They did their school work and I caught up on all of the news and emails I'd missed the day before.
We then met up with some of the boys' friends and went bowling. This is a picture of Walker jumping up and down.
Will and his bowling technique.
And then me. I was pretty lousy that day.
After bowling the boys and Shell took us on a tour of the Morton Arboretum - a place we'd never been before.
After a car tour around half of the Arboretum we got outside (in the frigid weather) and checked out the children's garden.
We just had to take a picture of one of the first signs of Spring.
We stopped in the gift store (mostly to warm up) and Walker found a bird whistle that he just had to have.
We all met up with my brother and Weber Grill for dinner. I had never been there, but had heard good things about it. I ordered BBQ brisket, pulled pork, garlic mashed potatoes and candied, mashed yams. It was delicious! Believe it or not, I ate at least half of what's there on my plate.
Grandma and Walker enjoyed their dinner.
Will loved his gluten free chicken. I don't think I've ever seen the kid eat dinner that fast!
And, because it was my birthday I got two little cupcakes. Aren't they cute?!
We finished off the evening by watching the first part of Percy Jackson with the boys and then Eric and Shell introduced us to The IT Crowd.


No comments:
Post a Comment