Saturday, February 10, 2007
The Library Gala
So I went to the Library Gala - Black, White and Read All Over. It was such a blast! I couldn't go to the one when the library first opened, so I was very excited to go to this one. I volunteered at it - because 1) it would fun to go behind the scenes and 2) I got to get into it for free. I worked at the ticket table. I took tickets (which were $100 per person) and then directed them wherever they needed. It was great to see everyone all dressed up in red, black and white. I loved it! Although, there were those few people who just didn't get the color scheme, like the lady in a green dress, or another one in a purple top. It was interesting. The library looked so wonderful. I mean you could hardly tell that it was a library. There were beautiful flower arrangements everywhere, all the trees were lit up, there was a red carpet leading up to the front doors and beautiful buffets. In the Urban room they even had a dance floor set up. It was amazing. I got to spend time with some of my friends from the library, Carol and Geri. And I also saw a couple of other people that I worked with. (Worked is a loose term, because I technically only volunteer at the library to give tours). I also saw Lori and Tim. That was fun. (Lori is the librarian at the grade school near my house). All in all it was a wonderful and memorable night. It was fun to have a reason to get all dressed up. Mom did my hair in a cute up-do, and I wore my black velvet (yeah it was my high school choir dress, but still formal!) and some great jewelry, but the topper was a sparkly silver scarf that my mom had knitted for me. I felt so glitzy! It was just amazing and I am so glad that I could go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment