I watched this movie last night, Copying Beethoven. I had seen that trailer and was intrigued by the story. I don't know if it ever came to theaters in Salt Lake, but I didn't ever see it. So yesterday I picked it up at Costco and bought it. First off, I have to say that the music was exceptional! I would love the soundtrack. Between Beethoven's music and the score composer it was fabulous. The plot was a little bit artsy, if you know what I mean. It was difficult to guess where it was going at first and the opening credits were very Blair Witch camera angles. It was bizarre. I felt like I was gettin motion sick. The actors were amazing. I really enjoyed the symphony scene. It was really moving. I didn't think that the bathing scenes were needed. And honestly I didn't understand why they were even put in unless they were looking for a PG-13 rating, which is just irritating. Overall though, I enjoyed the movie. If you love music and history, it's a great show.
I also finished reading Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld. It is based on a very interesting idea: What if everyone were supermodel gorgeous? It has taken me a few weeks to really get into the book. The first couple of chapters are really hard to get into. That's not saying they're bad, just that they make a lot more sense after you've read the book than at the beginning. But I guess that he had to start somewhere. The main characters were great. I think that they each had unique personalities that blended nicely. I enjoyed all the believable Sci-fi that he created in this book. Once I really got into it, it only took me a day to finish. I would be interested in reading the other two books in the trilogy. Although a week ago I was just frustrated that I wasn't going anywhere with the book. I liked the hoverboards and rollercoaster. They were awesome.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment