Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Think I'm In Love!!!

His name is Rupert Penry-Jones. Oh, ladies . . . he is wonderful! He is handsome, tall and terribly romantic. He is sometimes brooding, but always there when you need him. He enjoys classical music and dancing, which is a definite perk! He has been in the Navy - so you know that he is a manly man. He has a delightful family and is considered to be great company. He is constant and faithful and wonderful! His friends are varied and unique. Ok, Ok . . . you all think that I am making him up right? Well I did not - our dear friend Jane did. I just watched ITV's version of Persuasion and oh . . . I am in love with Captain Wentworth all over again. He is everything you would want him to be and more. They really develop his character. You can tell that he's head over heels for Anne. He is constantly watching her with such longly looks . . . it's almost devastating for the weaker hearts. He is really truly wonderful! I truly love the older version with Cirian Hinds and Amanda Root - but this version . . . oh my! It's like the new Jane Eyre with the older versions. After you see it, you're not sure if you ever want to go back to the other versions again. Anne is great as well. I think she portrays the character so well. So, for all of you Persuasion/Jane fans here's the low down. Masterpiece theater is going to show it during it's 2008 season which starts in January. Now I know your asking - how did Ali see it then? If you go to youtube.com and search for Persuasion, some lovely and wonderful person has uploaded it in 11 segments. It takes about an hour and a half - but oh, it's worth it. In case you haven't noticed, the icon I used on this post is of Captain Wentworth. Isn't he dreamy?

No comments: