It's been an interesting couple of days. Some things went really well and others not so well. On Friday I went up to my friend Aaron's work so that he could help me with my website and email. We figured out several things ie. setting up a shopping cart and making sure our merchant account was compatible with the cart. We also set up my business email through Thunderbird, which is what I have been wanting to do, but haven't been very successful. So up 'til then I was using Outlook Express. Well, I've tried to access my email several times today with no success. Argh! I've tried Thunderbird, Outlook and through my web host. And all I get is nothing. I thought perhaps that I hadn't received any emails, so I sent one from my personal account - one on Friday, the other today. Neither of those have appeared. It's just frustrating! I don't want to fix it, but it will have to be done and the sooner the better.
On Saturday I had some free time, so I read a lot and watched Pride & Prejudice. It was just lovely! What more could a girl ask for. Then today I accompanied the musical number at church - which turned out well. I also had to play the organ. I don't really like to play the organ and so I realize that my attitude might be a hindrance to my skill. That being said, I practiced for about 20-30 minutes before I had to play. I especially practiced the pedals and the intros. Then, I played them. Not one of the intros was stellar. In fact on one of them I read the wrong thing entirely. How does that happen? I just don't know. Then there is also this guy at my church who has some unique musical qualities. His face scrunches up a bit when he sings and he doesn't move his lips much, so he has a similar tone on everything he sings. Then he also sings really loud and confident. Every time I play I almost burst out laughing. Sometimes he starts the song a half a beat after everyone and most of the time he holds the note out two beats too long. It just cracks me up. I don't know whether I should cut off with him or the chorister. I mean, he is so loud. Some days it is really hard not to burst out laughing during the song - on those days I have a huge grin on my face.
I had some free time this evening, so I did a tutorial on how to make woodgrain from scratch in Photoshop. I finished the tutorial and was so pleased with what I had made that I wanted to make a work of art out of it. I was reminded about a conversation I had earlier today with my friend, Marie, about the BBC Robin Hood. I realized that I hadn't made a background for this show. I know - it's shocking! I ended up doing another tutorial on how to make aged paper. I picked out some of my favorite Robin Hood pictures and saturated and texturized the edges. I also made the nails that are hanging the pictures. I just am so proud of this background because barring the pictures and the font, everything else I created. So take a look at my masterpiece. If you want a copy for your background just email me and I'll send it to you.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment