My friend Jill and I were talking about our favorite Jane Austen movies, books, stories, etc. yesterday and thus I was inspired to make up these lists.
If I were to rate my Jane Austen stories/books by favorites it would probably go as follows:
1. Persuasion
2. Pride & Prejudice
3. Northanger Abbey
4. Emma
5. Mansfield Park
6. Sense & Sensibility
On the other had if I were to rate my favorite Jane Austen movies it would probably go as follows:
1. Persuasion 2007
2. Pride & Prejudice 2005 (mostly because it's shorter and I can watch it in one evening!)
3. Pride & Prejudice A&E version (Colin Firth)
4. Pride & Prejudice 1985 (he is the Mr. Darcy I picture when I read the book)
5. Northanger Abbey 2007
6. Persuasion 1980ish
7. Persuasion 1993 (with Cirian Hinds)
8. Emma (Gweneth version)
9. Mansfield Park 2007
10. Bride & Prejudice
11. Emma (Kate Beckinsale version)
12. Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson version)
13. Pride & Prejudice (LDS version, if they had left out all of the references to Mormonism it would have been up higher on the list)
14. Mansfield Park (the nasty, incestuous version that came out in theaters)
While I am making a lists, my favorite period movies of all time are:
1. Persuasion 2007
2. Pride & Prejudice 2005 & A&E version
2. North & South (no, that's not a typo, the three of them tie for second place)
3. Jane Eyre 2007
4. The Scarlet Pimpernel
5. The Phantom of the Opera
6. Anne of Avonlea
7. Pride & Prejudice 1985
8. Northanger Abbey
9. Under the Greenwood Tree
10. Persuasion 1980 & 1993
11. Miss Potter
12. The Count of Monte Cristo (Newest version)
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment