I have spent the last few nights watching several shows, mostly because my hold came up at the library. First and foremost: Heroes. I LOVE IT!!! The first episode didn't really have me hooked, but by the second one . . . well I finished the whole first season in about 5 days. My favorite part about it was the art. I loved all of the paintings! And the sketch of of Peter and Simone kissing under the umbrella in the rain . . . oh my! I would love a copy of that to hang in my room. I loved how the stories progressed. I liked that it flowed like a comic book. Everyone had really cool powers, although were I to choose I'd want Peter's. Hiro was by far my favorite character. I don't know what it is about him, but he's just so likable. Now I can't wait for them to finish the second season so I can watch it all at once on dvd! (I hate to be hooked to the tv. I'm glad that there are no new episodes of Moonlight right now because I don't have to worry about taping them because for real, who's home at 8:00 on a Friday night?)
Then I watched two movies that I would not recommend: Tears in the Rain, and December Boys. I thought I'd like the last one, but I was just bored. I was glad that I had decided to sketch during it, so I didn't totally waste my time. Then the first one. Uck! They fall in love. Then they find out that their parents were in love. Then they find out there was a child conceived from that affair. Now they think they are brother and sister (which came after them spending the night together and getting engaged). Then in the end we find out that she was adopted, so they are not related. The end. The whole brother an sister thing - one word: EWWWW! Don't bother with either of those movies.
I just finished reading The Rogue Knight by Marcia Lynn McClure last night. Granted, it's just an ebook, so it's not very long, but I liked it all the same. It was very cute and romantic. It definitely lived up to Marcia's reputation. I also started the Hallmark Hall of Fame's The Russell Girl only to get half way and have the news interrupt the last half. I feel very unfulfilled. I want to know how it ended. Did everything turn out all right? Did the girl and the neighbor mom come to terms with each other? Did she tell her family and her boyfriend about her leukemia? Do we know if she survived the cancer? So many unanswered questions. I wish I hadn't started it, because I like closure! This is very rough on me. I can't even find any clips of it on Youtube - only the trailer and a fat lot of good that does me!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment