Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's been an interesting week thus far, most definitely worth chronicling and sharing. Let me start at the beginning.

Saturday evening mom, Victoria and I went down to temple square to see the light. It was a great evening for it, all of the snow made it look very Christmasy. After that we went to Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I love Spaghetti Factory! (Sadly, I think that I eat there once a month!) It was a very lovely evening. We even took pictures - although our battery died after the first couple.


Oh, don't they look cute!


Ok, so I get cold really easily . . . I still look cute all bundled up.


This is when the camera died! Can you see the temple in the background?

On Sunday I went to Katrina's church. She had to do a musical number and asked if I would accompany her. Being the nice, talented friend that I am, I agreed. When we arrived we set up our music: hers on the stand and mine on the piano. Then we went back to our seat in the audience. Oh, I forgot to mention that in order to get to our seats an usher had to move a chorded rope and let us it. It was crazy! Then as we're sitting there, waiting for the meeting to begin, one of the councilors to the bishop cam down and asked us if we were planning on sitting on the stand or in the audience. Not being mega attention seekers we said we'd prefer not to sit on the stand. He said that was fine, he was just going to have to alert security. If you have not all ready guessed, Katrina's ward meets in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and just happens to be the same ward that the prophet attends. Fancy that! I guess his security doesn't like to have people move around from the audience to the stand during meetings. All I can say is that it was an interesting experience. By the way, Katrina and I played really well. The room had such lovely accoustics and the piano was quite nice.

As we were leaving . . . well first we all stand as the prophet exits the meeting and wait until we are given the ok to leave. So the little boy in back of us starts crying. Because he's a little hysterical we can hear what he is saying. He said "Mom, you tell me to follow the prophet, but I can't follow the prophet!!!" I thought that it was funny, because he literally wanted to follow the prophet.

New Years Eve. I hope everyone had a better one then me. Oh, I had such plans. We were going to have pizza (not just any pizza, but my all time favorite: Pizza Hut), crazy bread, popcorn shrimp, fresh shrimp, cheese, tater tots wrapped in bacon and Martinelli's apple cider at midnight. Then, mom and I were going to play games: canasta, yahtzee, sequence . . . Then sometime in the evening I was going to go up to Beckie's for the annual fondue fest! So, we bought the pizza and crazy bread and started making up everything else. This was about 6:30ish and about that time I started getting the beginnings of a stomach ache. Which then got progressively worse. At nine, after finally forcing some food down me, I went to bed. I was so mad. I mean it wasn't really my fault, but I was just mad to have all of my plans foiled.

So iTunes is driving me insane! I had some new movies to add to my iPod. I usually just drag and drop them in, but yesterday, thinking I was quite clever, I decided instead to have it sync the movies in. I didn't realize that it would delete EVERYTHING and then add the movies. Yeah, 35 GB of music was deleted in a matter of minutes. I was not a happy camper. So I tell it to sync again, this time playing with my music settings and an hour or so later all my stuff is back on my iPod. Well, by that time I have a couple more movies to add (love iPod converters!). So I try to drag and drop but it won't let me. I think maybe if I disconnect it and then reconnect everything will work out normally. Nope. It re-synced the entire thing. That would be 35 GB of music and 10 GB of movies. Argh! Yeah, I decided to take a shower and blow dry my hair and then come back and see if it was finished. It took about a half of an hour more - after all of that - so I sat and read while it finished. I have changed some of the syncing settings, but I still don't think it's going to work the same way it did in the beginning.

Today I went for my annual doctor's check up. I've been to the doctor's so many times in the past year, that I felt like I should start getting a standard appointment. I think that this is the best doctor's visit that I have ever had! I actually was excited to go and weigh myself. I figured if I had lost 30 lbs on my home scale, than I should expect maybe 25 lbs on the doctor's. Well guess what? It was 31 lbs on the doctor's scale!!! I was so happy. My doctor even high-fived me because she was nearly as happy as I. I gave her my wellness calendar and she thinks I might, well it's like a 90% chance, that I have IBS. That would be why about once a week, maybe every two weeks (if I'm lucky) that I get these horrid stomach aches that are intensely painful. Actually, it's my intestines, not my stomach that hurts - if you want to be specific. I have some new meds that should help with that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! If not, in three months I have to go in for a colonoscopy. I really don't want to do that.

Lastly, this afternoon, mom and I began the daunting task of organizing the music. Not just some of it - ALL OF IT!!! I didn't think to take a picture before we started, but these pictures show about one and a half, maybe two hours worth of work. The shelves on the right are for leveled books. The top is full of music that the students can buy (I cringe to think how much money just that shelf is worth!) and then below it is the music that we can lend out or supplement or use when the students forget their music. On the left is going to be music that mom and I like to play. So far that's all that we have done. Yeah, there is still hours of work left to do. We'll probably work on it tomorrow as well. Then when we have everything where we want it, I am going to go through and catalog all of the music we have on to the computer. I know, it's going to be a colossal amount of work, but the results will be amazing. I think I might tally up our hours, just for curiosity's sake.


Look at our lovely stacks of music.


How beautiful do those top two shelves look?


This is Mom's and my shelf. Yeah, we like to play the piano a little bit.

No comments: