Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Open Eyes Optional!

Last Friday I went to a Bon Voyage dinner for my friend Bonnie. She actually left today for her mission in Fort Worth, Texas. There were 15 of us at this dinner and pretty much everyone knew everyone else. It was a blast! We ate Archibald's restaurant in Gardner Village. It's been many years since I have eaten there and was very impressed with the menu and the prices. I'll have to go back. Anyway, we all had a great time just chatting, eating and taking silly pictures. (One of my goals this year is to take more pictures.) We were there for easily two hours and it was just wonderful. Below are some pictures of the great event. In most of them my eyes are closed, I don't know why, but oh well! Also, I had a little bit of fun cropping the pictures. I thought a variation in size would make them more interesting to look at. : )



The group. I would be between Kristy and Dianna, but I'm taking the picture.



Kristy, me, Dianna & Jenn



Bonnie, Christie & Michelle



Me, Jenn & Dianna (Look, my eyes are closed)



Sariah, Kristy & me (eyes closed again)



Christie, Michelle & Bonnie



Keli & Ellen



Kristy & me (eyes only half open)



Kristy's mouthful!



Liz & Bonnie



Melanie & Becky

I have another update to make about the Masterpiece Persuasion. I found another scene that they cut out of the movie. When Anne is leaving Kellynch and the Crofts are arriving there is a scene where the Crofts are surveying the house. I liked this scene because they talk about why Captain Wentworth is reticent to come back. I think it's funny to see how many mirrors are in Sir Elliot's bedroom. All total I think that Masterpiece Theatre took out 10 minutes of the original movie. And most of it was about Captain Wentworth. I don't get it. I did break down and buy myself a copy of the movie today. I had a 25% of coupon for Barnes and Noble. So that with my 10% discount make the movie $11.69. I know, what a savvy shopper I am!

No comments: