I know many people have been waiting with bated breath to know if the American DVD version of Persuasion was the same as the UK's version. Well, guess who received her copy in the mail today. Yep, it was me! (This comment makes me laugh because I have a mug that says "Who's the fairest of them all?" "Oops, me again!") I straightaway put it in my DVD player to find out the truth of the matter. Oh, baby! It is all there. Every wonderful and romantic parts. Yes, all of the scenes that were cut out of the aired version were included on this DVD. Hooray! It's just lovely!
As for the other movies, Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park I don't know if the American version has all the UK version does. I checked between Amazon US and Amazon UK and the US said that both movies were 90 minutes, whereas the UK said they 120 - that's two hours. I don't recall them being that long. They are both produced by Masterpiece Theater and Persuasion was produced by BBC. I will look more into this matter, but it seems rather strange to me. That's a half of an hour difference! I don't think they cut out that much.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment