Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Official 2007 Book List

For the past four or five years now I have kept a list of the all the books that I read. I like to do this because it helps me remember a title or author and I'm always curious to see just how many books I read that year. Well, 2007 won the record so far for the most books read in a year. My final count was 100. Yeah, funny that it was so exact. Sadly, I don't think any were under 200 pages and several were over 500 pages. This list doesn't include the books that I just read snippets from. For statistic's sake here are the tops: Twilight was the book most read; Kleypas, Quinn and McClure were the most read authors; Courting Trouble was the book I most hated and wished I hadn't spent time reading; and my favorite of 2007 well I'm just going to have to say . . . I can't decide . . . pretty much anything romantic. So for those of you curious, here is the list of books I read last year, in order that I read them.

So I have recounted and reformatted and now my count is 87. It doesn't matter, really, I just think that it is funny!

The Scarlet Pimpernel - Orczy
Artistic License - Fforde
Strangers at Dawn - Thornton
Dangerous to Love - Thornton
The Wagered Wife - Counts
A Little Bit Wicked - Alexander
The Bride's Bodyguard - Thornton
Restoring Grace - Fforde
Wide Sargasso Sea - Reno
The Deception of the Emerald Ring - Willig
The Wedding Bargain - Alexander
Bridge to Terabithia - Patterson
Twilight - Meyer
New Moon - Meyer
Devil in Winter - Kleypas
Silk & Stone - Smith
Fairest - Levine
The Slightest Provocation - Rosenthal
And Only to Deceive - Alexander
Princess Academy - Hale
Darcy's Story - Aylmer
Letter Perfect - Hakes
Uglies - Westerfeld
A Bride Most Begrudging - Gist
The Measure of a Lady - Gist
The Viscount Who Loved Me - Quinn
Bidding For Love - Fforde
To Sir Phillip, With Love - Quinn
Pretties - Westerfeld
What a Lady Wants - Alexander
Secret to Seduction - Long
Splendid - Quinn
The Winter Lodge - Wiggs
Specials - Westerfeld
The Duke & I - Quinn
To Echo the Past - McClure
Desert Fire - McClure
The Charm School - Wiggs
What a Gentleman Wants - Linden
Everything & the Moon - Quinn
Worth Any Price - Kleypas
Dancing at Midnight - Quinn
The Historian - Kostova
To Catch and Heiress - Quinn
The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever - Quinn
Austenland - Hale
To Echo the Past - McClure
Desert Fire - McClure
Heavenly Surrender - McClure
Dusty Britches - McClure
Shackles of Honor - McClure
The Visions of Ransom Lake - McClure
The Fragrance of Her Name - McClure
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Rowling
Born for Thornton's Sake - McClure
Divine Deception - McClure
Eclipse - Meyer
Twilight - Meyer
A Countess Below Stairs - Ibbotson
The Pleasure Trap - Thornton
To Love an Earl - Thornton
Courting Trouble - Gist
Stranger in My Arms - Kleypas
It Happened One Autumn - Kleypas
Devil in Winter - Kleypas
Scandal in Spring - Kleypas
The Secret of Seduction - Long
Prince of Dreams - Kleypas
Secrets of a Summer Night - Kleypas
When Strangers Marry - Kleypas
The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever - Quinn
Everything & the Moon - Quinn
Secrets of a Proper Lady - Alexander
Anthem - Rand
Mine 'Til Midnight - Kleypas
Again the Magic - Kleypas
Utterly Devoted - Scott
How to Marry a Marquis - Quinn
Mr. Knightley's Diary - Grange
A Place to Call Home - Smith
Twilight - Meyer
The Nanny - Nathan
Here Be Dragons - Penman
An Affair Before Christmas - James
A Christmas Kiss - Mansfield
Winter Wonderland - Mansfield
An Old-Fashioned Romance - McClure

No comments: