As usual, Thursdays provide much humor and enjoyment in my life. They make me see the different cultures, social classes and varieties of people you might not see anywhere else. Some days I am impressed and changed by the people I interact with. Other days I just laugh heartily at the antics of those around me. Then there are other days that make me glad for my own bag of problems. Obviously, some days are more introspective than others, but usually all end with a note of humor, be it a patron or a worker. Today was no different. I got to the library a little after nine this morning and saw three police cars as I was walking in the building. They sparked my interest, for I could not fathom what would bring three officers to the library when it had just barely opened. Well around twenty after nine a cop accompanied a man and a woman out of the library. The woman seemed a little hysterical. I'm thinking, there is one, two cops to go. Then in about five minutes the other two officers come out of the elevator escorting a man in handcuffs out of the building. I mean you can't get better than this and it's not even 9:30 in the morning! Well, a little later on one of the security guards came by and filled us in. Evidently the woman claimed that the man in handcuffs had raped her a month ago. So security called the police to come and handle the situation. It all seemed a little fishy. The first cop took the woman and her friend to the station to get their statements and then the other two arrested the other man. I don't think that the last two cops took it real serious, because they were laughing and talking with the man in handcuffs all the way out of the building. It was all a little crazy.
Yesterday, I went with Mom, Katrina and Aaron to see the movie Penelope. It was super cute. Just a nice little romantic fairy tale. It was PG, which meant there was nothing graphic about it. There was also a really great theme, moral, message, whatever you want to call it, to the movie. It was just darling! I can't wait to see it again. And as always, James McAvoy was very charming and handsome. Simon Woods on the other hand (Mr. Bingley from the the new P&P) was not very charming. Also, if you have seen the BBC's production of Bleak House, be on the look out for Mr. Guppy. I had to come home and look him up, because I just couldn't place him. Below are a couple of cute pictures from the movie.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment