It was my birthday this last Thursday. I am officially 25 years old. This is rather funny because most of last year I had a rough time deciding if I was 24 or 25. I don't know why, it just happened. I actually had a pretty great birthday. I volunteered at the library in the morning (which I have a story about later on). Then I went out to lunch with my mom to Hires where I had a cheese dog, a root beer float and cheese fries. After that I came home and read the afternoon away. It was quite lovely! I was able to talk with my cousin Haley on the phone for like an hour. It was great to get caught up. My sis-in-law, Shell and my nephews called to sing Happy Birthday to me. Will asked how my day was and Walked asked if I had met any crazies at the library. It was very cute! Then for dinner Mom made twice baked potatoes, which are my all time favorite. Then my friends Beckie, Katrina and Aaron came and took me out for dessert. We went to Friday's and ordered a Brownie Obsession and Cinnadunkers. We had a very cheerful and attentive waitress, which is a rarity for me and my friends at Friday's. We sat there and talked for like an hour and a half. It was most delightful. There are pictures of the even below. Then I came home and checked my messages where my brothers Eric and Ryan wished me a Happy Birthday as well as my Bishop and my home teacher Barry. My sis-in-law, Michelle, and my friends Jill and Emily also wished me a Happy Birthday through email. It was a great day. Oh, I almost forgot about the presents. I got a new pair of jeans, a star ring, a blue shirt, a turquoise skirt and a green flower skirt from my mom. Victoria is getting me the paperback edition of New Moon and Breaking Dawn. Eric, Shell and the boys got me a new book. Jess & Michelle got me a gift card to Borders. Ryan and Melissa got me a new book. Jill got me a wax seal kit. Haley and Beckie also got me new books. And one of my piano students brought me some homemade peanut butter cookies. It's nice to know my friends and family know me well.
The day after my birthday my mom, Ryan and I went Market Street in Cottonwood for lunch. It was delicious! I had a coupon for a free lunch, so it was super great! Then on Sunday my whole family came over for dinner. We had continental chicken with rice and brownie rolls. It was delicious! And then because I don't like cake all that much we had lime rickey floats for dessert. Mmm!
So, on to my library story. This happened to one of the other librarians, but it is still funny. A patron came up to the desk and put a blue, nondescript, Bic pen on the desk. The librarian asked if they could help the patron. The patron said "I found this in the urinal downstairs and I washed it off. I thought someone might be looking for their lost pen, so I thought I'd give it to you to put in lost and found." The librarian said thank you and then took 25 tissues to pick up the pen and put it in the lost and found file G aka the garbage. Well, as you can imagine we all got a kick out of it and one thing followed another and things got pretty gross at the desk. One of the librarians said "the only reason the patron found it was because he was licking the urinal." Such is the conversation at the library!
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! My Birthday dessert at Friday's:
No comments:
Post a Comment