Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

List Mania

It's been a while since last I posted. I don't feel like I've done a lot, but we'll see. I seem to be making all sorts of lists lately, so in the same spirit I'm going to list the things I've done in the last little while - in no particular order.

  • made a jack-o-lantern


  • 50 cent movies at Movies 10 on Mondays: Swing Vote, Hancock, Get Smart and Mamma Mia! (twice)
  • went to a ward sponsored service auction which ended up raising aver $4,000 for sub for Santa
  • babysat my cute niece and nephew a couple of times - we take a lot of pictures!



  • started picking Christmas piano pieces to learn for the season
  • bought 3 pair of shoes in one day (all much needed): nice black shoes, brown and pink tennis shoes and brown Sunday shoes
  • shopped clearance sales - my favorite was the $5 tank and t-shirt sale at Anchor Blue
  • watched Lars and the Real Girl
  • watched The Golden Compass
  • watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
  • watched Pride & Prejudice - the new version
  • watched Love at First Bite
  • held a Halloween piano play-off for my students
  • converted several movies for my ipod
  • learned about Pepsi points
  • bought a tv show accidentally while trying to find out how many Pepsi points it was worth. (It was the first episode of season three of Psych so, at least I like it!)
  • read my friend, Aaron's, book he wrote and am now editing it
  • listened to the new James Bond song and was underwhelmed by it
  • watched season 5 of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
  • started watching season 7 of Smallville
  • watched The Christmas Card (especially the ending!)
  • designed some new cards and invitations - there are 12 in the card series




  • had a tasty peach Astro Bar from Dairy Ann's
  • got my flu shot
  • strained some muscle(s) in my back that ached pretty painfully for a couple of days - I am ever grateful for 800 mg Ibuprofen
  • went to a regional YSA activity where we saw the group, Comedy Sports. My favorite was the song about Shadows of Darkness
  • found a drug that reduces migraines and shortens the duration and times I have a bout with my ibs - unfortunately it makes me super tired, so early mornings are killer!
  • designed some magnets for the Twilight movie night tomorrow


  • started organizing the music in my itunes. It's amazing how many copies I have of the same songs!
  • was sick with a cold for a week - that was not fun
  • helped my piano students enter their pieces into the Reflections contest
  • picked several Christmas duets to learn with my mom
  • got my visiting teaching done before the last day of the month (I'm so proud of myself)
  • finally helped get my brother's birthday package in the mail
  • had my first glass of egg nog for the season
  • ate a lot of Halloween candy - actually I still am snacking on remnants - my most favorite are Nerds and Reese's peanut butter cups
  • painted my fingernails for the first time in forever
  • made fall shaped sugar cookies with orange frosting
  • given a lot of tech support, both close and long distance
Well, that's all I can really think of right now. Hopefully I won't take such a long time posting my next entry.

3 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

Love the Twilight magnet. I can't wait to see the movie.

Emmy Z. said...

You've been as bad about blogging this month as I have! Loved the list, but it seems like I'm missing some great stuff! I guess I'll just have to get Adam to take me to see Twilight over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Keep in touch.

Lisa Chin said...

It's amazing how much you really have accomplished once you write it all down, even if you feel you haven't done much. Can't wait to see you and the movie tonight. Thanks for the great magnet! The girls were trying to steal it from me, but I held fast!