- it celebrates love - love of family, friends, significant others, etc.
- you can make Valentine's, which is one of my favorite things to do
- you can deliver your Valentines. I don't knock and run anymore, but I love to imagine the faces of the people I give one to. It makes me smile!
- heart shaped sugar cookies with frosting
- heart shaped candy - sweethearts, smarties, sprees and cinnamon gummies
- cupid. I chuckle every time I think of a chubby cherub shooting love arrows
- romantic movies. There are always a couple that come out in theaters and dvd in February. A few I've liked this year are: When In Rome, Valentine's Day and I Hate Valentine's Day. Also, many of the tv channels have romantic movie marathons that I have stayed up way too late watching.
- romance novels. I think this is the only time of year people deem it "acceptable" to read them. Although, that doesn't deter me from reading them year 'round.
- Valentine packages. I always try to send off something to family and friends who are out of town.
- Valentine colors. Red and pink! These are two of my favorite colors - my room is even painted in these colors!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥
I know a lot of people who hate this holiday - especially single people. I quite frequently hear it named "Single's Awareness Day" which is just not veryhappy sounding. I know I'm one of the few, but I rather like Valentine's day. I don't have a boyfriend and have never had one over Valentine's day. So, I don't even know what that would be like - although I surmise it would be pretty fantastic. I still like Valentine's day. Here's my top 10 reasons:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thank you for my fabulous valentine! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment