Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The New Millcreek Library & Community Center

Today was the grand opening of the new Millcreek Library and Community Center. My mom and I went up after lunch to take a tour around the building. It wasn't super crowded because most people were still at school or work. I was glad I took the camera because it was amazing!

The East Entrance (closest to the library entrance)

An interesting piece of art with a bench right outside the East Entrance.

The Young Adult section of the library. Isn't that a cool booth?

Also in the YA section. These chairs form to your body when you sit in them. They were super comfy!

I loved these book displays that were scattered throughout the library.

The Children's section was pretty amazing. I mean check out these 'tree' seats.

I just had to take a picture of the keyboards for kids. I love the colors.

A fun seat with a bookcase. Awesome!

The entrance to the library had a fireplace, much like the downtown library. The books on those shelves are some of the new and most popular. I have to say that most of the books in that library seemed brand new.

Outside of the library

The walls are decorated with some of the gymnasium flooring from the old Community Center. I absolutely loved it!


Part of the upstairs walking/running track

The gym

My favorite lights in the whole building!

They have a game room - ping pong and pool

The dance and aerobics room. They even have a teen/adult tap class. I'm seriously considering it.

The workout room

Views from the workout room


This was a great art installation. It is shoes and sneakers on the wall. This picture is from beneath it.

On the second floor looking at it

The senior lounge. They even have a cafe for the seniors. They play canasta on Thursdays. I'm pretty sure you'll see my mom up there from time to time.

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Thank you so much for taking pictures and posting them! I wanted to go see it today but was working all day and then I was just too exhausted by the time I got home.

I am so excited to go see the library! AWESOME! AnnMarie is determined to ride her bike there everyday this summer. ;)

I love the Shoe art, fun keyboards for the kids and the fact that they saved the gym floor and used it. What a great way to incorporate the old! Do you know if they make it a "green" building? Like they did with the new Hillside?

Shelly! said...

I love this! Love the shoe art - love the tree reading nooks (love, love those). Thank you so much for taking pictures! I know a place to add to our visit list when we come up next!

Emmy Z. said...

Thanks for taking pictures! I can't wait to see it in person.