Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Singing at Relief Society Conference

In case you didn't know, or didn't see me, I sang in the General Relief Society Conference down at the Conference Center. In August I was called (as in an actual calling) to be in it with 10 other girls from my ward. There were three YSA stakes involved with about 10 girls from each YSA ward.

We had four Sunday practices and one Saturday dress rehearsal at the Conference Center. Luckily they gave us music to take home and cds with our parts singled out on them. We sang two choir arrangements and two hymns - all of which had to be memorized. I was a first alto/low second soprano. I ended up missing one Sunday practice because I was in Kansas, but I had taken my music and ipod along, so I practiced it almost everyday!

On Saturday, September 29, we all had to meet down at the Conference Center by 1:40 pm. We then filed into the choir seats and practiced for about 30 minutes. Then the General Relief Society Presidency came and spoke with us. A little after 4:00 pm we filed out and picked up our sack dinners. They were super yummy! We had about 40 minutes to eat and finish getting ready.

By 5:30 pm we were in our seats waiting for conference to begin. (My seat was third row center). I feel we sang really well and that the speakers were great. It was fun to read the teleprompters while they spoke.  All in all it was a great experience.

If you want to see/listen to the music of the conference you can click here to stream or download each song. And you'll notice on I Stand All Amazed that I am on the screen the whole time.


All of the girls in my ward, minus one.

After conference

Cute Kohleen!

And cute Lucy, who sat right next to me

Here is a screen capture of me, and some of the choir singing.

1 comment:

Matt and Haley said...

What an awesome experience!! I feel lame that I didn't see you--I would have had my eyes peeled the whole time if I would have known. :o) The music was really beautiful though. I especially liked the arrangement of the Primary song medley!