I feel I need to qualify my title. On Friday I did ride the elevator 22 times at work. Remember I said that I have to take two elevators to get to my desk. Well, I also have to take two elevators to get to anywhere else I am going. When I doing field trips around Temple Square and printing on the plotter on floor 21 or helping someone with a presentation it takes two elevator rides to wherever I am going. I go from 27 to 25 and then 25 to whatever floor I am going and no, it's never just to 25. I don't mind, really I don't, but I thought it was worthy of noting.
It has once again been a wonderful weekend! I spent quality time with my family and friends, going out to dinner and lunch and then to the movies or just talking the night away. It was quite exceptional! Not only that but I finished two books this week. I mean really, could life be any better? Mmmm . . . where to begin.
Last weekend I went with Ryan and Melissa to see The Ultimate Gift. I loved it. It was wholesome and clean without being overly cheesy. (It was PG though, so some cheese is expected.) I thought that the main actor was cute and the little girl was darling. I think that it was cast really well. I loved all the morals that it conveyed. It's an inspiring movie that has started a movement across the nation to find The Ultimate Gift and share it with others. If you haven't seen it you really should take a look at www.theultimategift.com.
This weekend I went with my friend Katrina and her husband Aaron to TGI Fridays for lunch and then to see Miss Potter. (First, a note to myself: Never go to the Foothill Fridays again! The service is terrible, regardless of where you sit and who you're with. Never! Ever! Again!) The company was wonderful - as usual. The movie was very bittersweet. (Spoilers Ahead: Skip to next paragraph if you haven't see the movie.) I was worried when I went to see it that Ewan McGregor's character would die or leave her. I just didn't see it working out. Then when her parents made the three month stipulation I knew something bad was going to happen and I was right. But I think that it took that event to help her become the independent woman she needed to become - although I would rather of had her marry him. I loved the farm boy that later becomes the lawyer. When I first met him, I hoped for good things with his character. I loved how in the end he talked to her drawings the way that she did. It was cute. So overall I would recommend seeing it, but it is very bittersweet.
I finished reading And Only To Deceive by Tasha Alexander. The reviews said that if Jane Austen had written The Da Vinci Code this is what it would have been like. I agree with that statement, but I think Jane would have had the characters marry at the end. Her women never would have wanted to stay single out of choice. Back to this book though, the mystery was very enchanting. I figured it all out though, so it wasn't too tricky. I enjoyed it the writing style and the characters were believable. I didn't want Colin to be a bad guy and yet, I knew he was hiding something. Then I never really liked Andrew, but I was willing to give him a go, just because he was so in love with her. I liked Emily. She was a very believable character and a good choice as the main heroine. I wanted a little bit more to the ending, but I usually do. I always seem to want to see the characters two months after their married or after the main plot of the book is complete. Epilogues are my favorite!
I also read The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. It's a children's book, but very good. It has been decided that the Prince will come to this mountain village next year and pick a bride from their daughters - all of the daughters have to attend this Princess Academy so they will be ready to be made a Princess. The main character Miri was cute and lovable with the right amount of spunk. I loved the little romance between her and Pedor. But again I am a sucker for any romance. This was a fun book. It took me about three hours to read. Just a light little evening reader.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment