Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Way Up High . . . Where The Little Birds Fly

I interviewed for an on-call job this week with the church AV department. I wasn't really nervous - I guess maybe I should have been - because all they could say is that they weren't interested. However, at this point I would like to note that they called me for the interview. I didn't even have to apply. My great friend Aaron, who works there, hooked me up. Although it could be said that my being there will be of great help to him, so there was more going on behind the scenes than just being a nice friend. Well, they hired me and I went in for my first day today. (I interviewed on Monday and today is Wednesday!) I am on-call (or as I like to call it freelance) to do any graphic design needs that they have for me. I met a gazillion people today, most of whom I don't remember there names. I was just too worried about remembering which cube is mine and how to get to the elevators and all of my passwords. Not to mention what I actually was hired to do. You may laugh about the elevators, but I have to take one elevator to the 25th floor, then go down two hallways to a second elevator and go up another two floors to the 27th floor where my cube is. Yeah, the elevator thing is odd, but the view is great from where I am. I actually can see out the window from desk. It's neat! The small jobs workshop, that I work for is on the 21st floor. So I have to take two elevators to get there too. Or I guess that could be one elevator and the stairs. It was a good day today though. I actually have a project to work on - starting tomorrow. And I finished a little project today - my first day!!! It was pretty easy, just CD case stuff. So my new job pays well too. I get paid hourly. I haven't seen the actual pay check, so it might differ (I hope not though). So, I'll wait until it's official to announce it. It's less than I make at piano per hour, but more than I make per lesson. All in all I really excited about this new job. I am grateful for the extra cash it'll be bringing in - I might be able to afford a new pair of tennis shoes (not the WalMart variety) and perhaps even get that new tablet that I want for my computer. Plus I'll be able to have a savings account again and help out with more household expenses. I feel like it's a blessing I didn't know I needed. I am grateful and excited. I think I'm really going to enjoy it.

No comments: