Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You've Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

Hooray! It's my birthday! I turned 24 - can you believe it? I'd like to say that it was a spectacular day, but it wasn't. I'm not saying it was bad, just that it was ordinary. You grow up thinking that birthdays are these special days where magical things happen and then as you hit the end of your teenage years the magic isn't there any more. I don't know if it's because you have stopped believing in the magic (kind of like Santa), or it's just not as big of a deal. But something changes. The one thing I love above all else on my birthday is the amount of phone calls, emails, drop-bys, etc that I get. I love the chance that I get to visit with my friends and family and that they take to chat. This year I got several emails, my cousin Haley called and we chatted for an hour, my brothers and sister all stopped by or called and my dear friend Katrina stopped by for a bit. It was fun to just chat with her - we haven't really done that since she got married. I love hanging out with her and her husband, but sometimes you just crave the girl time. The day went as follows: went to work at the church, lunch at The Pointe with mom and Victoria, nap, visit with Katrina, piano lessons, chat with Haley, dinner and a trip to Walmarts with a Frosty on the way home. I love Frosties! As for presents - I don't really expect much, but I got some really great stuff: Tap shoes (my 3 year old ones are worn out!), a cute skirt that is tan with pink and blue embroidered flowers, some books and a gift card to Barnes and Noble. But really birthdays are all about the recognition. It's fun to have people remember you.

No comments: