Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

Bastille Day and White Alligators

First I just want to say Happy Birthday Victoria!

This last week my brother and his family came to visit. It was really great fun to have them up here to visit and play with. My nephews are always a riot. Will, the 3 year old, announced one day that he had two bum cheeks. And Walker, the almost 2 year old, likes to pretend sleep by squinting his eyes shut and then when you say "wake up" he opens his eyes and just laughs. Yeah, we've laughed a lot this last week. I took the boys to the zoo on Friday. I haven't been to the zoo in a while and it is really super nice all that they have done up there. I liked that they had misters all over to cool you down. Will's favorite part was the three foot fans with misters on them. I have a picture of him staring at the fan with a zebra right next to it. It was cute to hear Walker just randomly singing Jumbo Elephant all around the zoo. Pulling a wagon and keeping track of two little boys is a lot of hard work. It made me appreciate all the parents who do it day in and out. Also of note: I thought that the white alligator was neat. It kind of looks like plastic.

Then Saturday was Bastille Day (and my sis-in-law's birthday!) We had a big party in the backyard. There was wonderful grape slush from Fendall's, éclairs, cheese, bread, crackers, fruit and brownies. The food was delicious! Then we watched The Scarlet Pimpernel, which I just love. I think that my favorite scenes are 1: where he finds out that Marguerite didn't denounce the marquis and 2: when she goes to him in the Paris jail. Oh it is quite wonderful! We had a great turn out for the party - 25+ people. I think that this is our 6th annual Bastille Day party.

No comments: