Yep, it's that time again. It's time to discuss the weird people that I meet at the library. This week I would like to title as fashion week. Although they are in no particular order I am going to save my favorites for last.
#1 A man came in wearing short shorts (like one foot in length), a tan sweater vest with no shirt and his hair was very American Indian in style. He was a 50ish white male.
#2 A young man came in wearing a black mesh, long sleeve shirt and baggie black jeans that had florescent green stitching all over. Although, not particularly notable, he did fit in with the general theme of the day.
#3 This person had on baggy, knee-length tan shorts, a pink and red Hawaiian shirt and a black mohawk that had a kind of reddish tinge. Carol, the other woman I volunteer with, and I tried to guess the gender of this person. I won! It was a woman. Later on she came by the desk and it was then that I was able to see her glasses close up. They were black rimmed in a tear drop shape with the points pointing to her temples. Oh, they were the weirdest glasses I think that I have ever seen.
#4 This person came in and was really unremarkable at first. They were wearing a pink shirt, jeans and pink flats. On my second glance I noticed that this person had a very masculine face - as in a very clean-shaven and just masculine features. Then as this person walked past I saw that they were wearing a bra - and it looked like they needed it. I think it is important also to note that they had a very distinct, unpleasant odor that followed them as well. I am still not sure as to what gender they were. I think I am just going to call them transgender.
#5 A patron came up and notified us about a man standing outside that was yelling at patrons as they walked into the building, or at invisible people. What made this man remarkable was the fact that he was not wearing a shirt. The security person went outside and asked him to tone it down and also if there was anything we could do to help. The man said that he was having bad day. Well I should say that he is having a bad day - someone stole his shirt before 10 am. So I am letting everyone know that when you have a bad day it is perfectly acceptable to take off your shirt and yell at people in public places!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment