Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

My Life in a Nutshell

So several things have gone on this past week and I thought that I should update. I'll just go in chronological order. First off, I met with the photographer I created the wedding album for. This was so that he could see my work and critique it. I was a little bit nervous because if it wasn't his style I probably wouldn't get to do any more albums. And I really wanted to continue doing them because it was fun and lucrative. Well, as luck would have it he totally loved my work! I was so excited! And if I wasn't convinced all ready, his wife told me repeatedly just how impressed he was. I realize that some of you might think that I'm fabulously creative (which I am!) and shouldn't have worried, but I was just worried that our creative styles wouldn't mesh. Anyway, I'm starting on my second album and just having a great time. That evening I went to Transformers with my brother and wife, and my sister. It was definitely a blockbuster. I enjoyed it, but I think that the sound effects were too loud. I think I was partially deaf when I left.

This year I had a wonderful Fourth of July. I went up to the park and served breakfast to the community at 6:30 am until 9:00 am. A whole group from my ward all volunteered to do it and we just had a blast together. Then I took a nap - which I never do. In the evening we had a BBQ at my house for family and friends. It was so much fun to just visit with people. Then a group of us went over to the park to watch the fireworks. Out of thousands of places to sit we picked a spot right behind my friend and her fiance. It was just a funny coincidence. All in all because I walked home from the breakfast and to and from the fireworks I was able to get four miles on my pedometer!

I watched Caprice. A movie starring Doris Day and Richard Harris. It was a sixties spy spoof. I thought it was hilarious. But then again I don't think that Doris Day ever disappoints. Actually, as a side note, I wanted to be Doris Day when I grew up. I mean she just has fabulous clothes, cute men and girl power jobs. I don't think of myself as a grown up so maybe I still can attain my dream! Anyway, I thought the movie was fun.

No comments: