Tuesday, June 26, 2007
You have bewitched me body and soul
Why don't we talk like that any more? When Mr. Darcy says that Lizzy at the end of the movie my breath always catches in my throat and I believe my heart stops for a moment. It's so beautiful and romantic. He says it with such earnestness and hope, that I am lost in the splendor of the thought. I can hardly imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end of such an honest and elegant speech. I am amazed every time I watch the movie at how I am captivated by the story and characters. It never gets old. (Well sometimes I fast forward through the Mrs. Bennet parts, but honestly who doesn't?) I love in the very beginning, within seconds, at how Darcy is taken with Lizzy. It's so interesting to watch his emotions switch around from confusion to denial to obsession to desire to agony and finally hope. Every time I think I fall in love with Mr. Darcy right along with Lizzy. Or perhaps before, because I've all ready seen it know that Mr. Darcy is a decent man and will be absolutely lovely at the end. I am struck with this new version at just how beautiful it is. The splendor of the romance finds me standing in awe. The cinematography is breathtaking. There are moments when you just want to freeze the movie and take in the glory of it. And the music . . . oh my! The first time I watched it I was so overwhelmed by the sheer elegance of it that I had a hard time staying focused on the story. Each time I watch it I always close my eyes and listen to the music behind the credits. It completes the story in such a way that lulls me into a peaceful, happy place. And there I remain, at least for a little while.
Labels:
mr darcy,
pride and prejudice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment