So today was an interesting library day. A man came up to me today and asked me if I could help him something. He then says that he submitted this form and now was trying to get his money. I assumed that he was trying to print something and helped him try to get his print job. There wasn't a job at the print station so I ask him exactly what he is wanting to do. He then tells me that he filled out this form online to get unclaimed money and now it's not working. In my mind I come up with three scenarios: 1. He is crazy and thinks that he can just print out the money using the library's black and white printers. 2. He is crazy and thinks that the cash/coin machine is going to give him his money. 3. He is crazy and thinks that the library is just going to give him his unclaimed cash. While I am puzzling over this he tells me that he'll just figure it out later. Hooray, I can leave the crazy. But while I am sitting at the desk, he comes up and gives me the website to get unclaimed money. He said that I might need it because he's sure that others will be coming in and needing to find the site. However, that piece of paper is my copy and I shouldn't give it to anybody. So I wait for him to leave and then put it in file G. (If you didn't know, that's my mom's nickname for the garbage can). I love the library!
I also have news. I just picked up some freelance work from a local photographer. He is having me design digital wedding albums for his clients. I actually just finished one today. It is really fun, because I get to use my technical skills as well as my design skills. So if you are keeping track, my current jobs are: Piano Teacher, Graphic Designer for the Church, Wedding Album designer, Partner in DesignAbility (Greeting cards and books), and On-Call Grade School Substitute Librarian. Yep, it's official - I have work ADD! The funny thing is that even with all of those jobs I still found myself at odds and ends today. I went to the library, chit chatted with my mom, played the piano, surfed the net and watched a movie. Oh, my life is rough.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment