Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

All sorts of random and mostly trivial updates

First off I have to say that I loved the last Harry Potter book. I read it in one gulp - 7 1/2 hours total. I just didn't want to find out any spoilers from anyone else. I, unlike my friend Katrina and my mom, don't like to read the ending before I invest time in a book. I like the journey to get to the ending - I feel that knowing the ending would ruin that. But anyway it was wonderful. I thought that it wrapped up quite nicely. All the loose ends were tied up. There were a few deaths that I didn't expect, but everything I hoped would happen did - for the most part. I have been watching the first four movies and this book really makes me look at the characters differently. It's really bizarre, but neat.

Then I have seen two movies lately. First was Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. I really enjoyed it. My sister said that if I liked the book I wouldn't really like the movie - inferring that the movie was quite different from the book. Well, I went and waited for something in the movie that was different from the book. I got all of the way to the end credits and was still waiting. I thought that it followed the book quite admirably. Obviously they couldn't put everything from the book into the movie - but I really didn't miss much. Harry's first kiss was great and Dumbledore's Army was cool. I must say that the last fight scene was better in the movie than the book. I remember reading it and being just a little bit confused. Honestly, I really enjoyed it. I also saw Hairspray. I really didn't know much about it besides the cast. The choreography and costuming was amazing. I loved it. I even went out and purchased the soundtrack. It was just a fun time, feel good movie. I am definitely a James Marsden fan. He is so great!

I had a marvelous 24th of July holiday. I slept in - which is always nice. Then mom had made a wonderful breakfast of hash browns, bacon, eggs and cheese. Mmmm! Around 11 am mom and I went to Liberty Park and checked out the festivities there. We saw a couple of floats and walked through the aviary - because it's free on the 24th. As we walked past all of the vendors booths we both remarked at how glad we were that we weren't in one of those booths. It was hot and a little bit humid. Then we went and saw Hairspray. We had a nice evening. Katrina and Aaron came over and we had dinner, played cards and then went up to Tanner park and watched the fireworks around the valley. All in all it was a great holiday.

I feel like I had more to update, but alas I cannot seem to remember what it was.

No comments: