Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Wedding Bells & other trivia

Yesterday my good friend Emily married her honey Adam. It was a beautiful day! The ceremony was wonderful, albeit a little long. It was a long day though. I was part of the wedding party - which meant that I was invited to everything. After the ceremony they took family and group pics. Em and Adam had taken their bridals and groomals earlier, so at least we did have to wait for all of that. Although there was still an hour and a half of pics. I am always amazed at how tiring waiting is. After pictures they had a luncheon at the Lion House. Mmmm! I love the rolls there. Then lastly that night they had a reception at the Rice-Eccles Stadium. It was quite lovely. Em looked so beautiful in her cream dress. It totally fit her style. And that red eyelet dress with the black satin sash . . . it was amazing. Adam looked quite handsome in his tux. But honestly what guy doesn't look good in tux? All in all it was a great day.

I went with mom and Victoria to see No Reservations. It was so cute I need to rave for a minute. The story reminded me a little bit of Raising Helen, but I liked this one better. First off, the little girl - oh my goodness! She is so cute. I have seen her in some other movies and I totally love her. I also like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart. They played off each other so well. The romance was cute. I think my favorite thing about this movie was that it was rated PG. They left things up to your imagination instead of blatantly showing it on the screen. It was a wonderful movie. To anyone reading this I totally recommend that you go and see it!

I was talking to my family this week and they reminded me of one of my favorite library stories that I have not yet posted online. Now you have to realize that we have a large homeless population that uses the library for a daytime sanctuary from the elements. But sometimes they use the library's facilities for things they were not meant to be used for. So that being said, a patron came up to the desk and said there was a crazy lady in the restroom, could we send someone to check it out. We call for security - heaven forbid we have to deal with it. You never know how crazy these people will get. Well, it turns out that this older woman was dancing around the bathroom totally naked. Yep, that is correct - totally naked! I got to thinking about this scenario, what do you say to the woman? "I see that you've lost your clothes, can I help you find them?" Or "That's quite an interesting dance that you're performing. Did you know that you have no clothes on?" Or "When you're finished with your performance would you mind terribly putting your clothes back on?" I mean really! I think it would be so funny to have witnessed the whole interaction.

Lastly, I have to say how much I love Marcia Lynn McClure's books. I ordered two in the mail a week or so back. So I was waiting for them to arrive I reread all of her other books that I own: A Heavenly Surrender, The Visions of Ransom Lake, Shackles of Honor, Dusty Britches, The Fragrance of Her Name, Desert Fire and To Echo The Past. For those who have read any of her books you'll understand my obsession. I probably read all of her books at least once a year. She just writes the most incredibly romantic scenes. The kind that you want to read over and over. And the best part is that they never go beyond kissing. The subplot in most of them are rather dumb, but you don't really read them for the subplot. It's all about the romance between the hero and heroine. I just finished Fragrance this morning. I tell you, reading her books just leaves me in wonderfully cheerful and content mood. Lucky for me, my two new books arrived in the mail today - perfect timing. So I am now off to start these new and wonderful books. (I can say that they are wonderful because Marcia never disappoints!)

As an afterthought I am totally into Cake's song Comfort Eagle. If you haven't heard it you need to check it out!

No comments: