So it's Tuesday again and I have many things to chat about. First and foremost is Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer. Oh my goodness! I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved Twilight. (So much so that I have re-read my favorite parts several times since finishing Eclipse). New Moon was ok. I just wasn't into the Jacob storyline, but the ending was wonderful. So I was excited and skeptical for Eclipse. But Stephenie Meyer totally redeemed herself, not that I was particularly worried. My favorite idea was that something could trump soul mates. Also, the plot was great and we got plenty of Bella, Jacob and Edward time. I loved the conversation that Jacob and Edward have in the tent. That might possibly be my favorite part - although Bella trying to seduce Edward was quite humorous. All in all it was delightful. I just can't wait for others to finish reading the book so that I can chat with them. And the best part was that I received an email from Barnes and Noble that had a coupon to buy the book 46% off. Yep, it was just over $10. I was so excited! I think that is the most lucky I have been in a really long time. Also I went online to Stephenie Meyer's website and re-read Twilight from Edward's point of view. I really hope that she develops that story. I think it's any interesting twist.
I have also seen a couple of movies in the last week. The Bourne Ultimatum had a really great plot. I loved how the story moved and how they wrapped it all up. In my head I think that he went and found Julia Stiles' character and ended up with her. The only thing that I really didn't like was all of the hand-held camera work. It totally gives me motion sickness. I had to close my eyes several times to just get my bearings. I think that if you liked the first two movies, you'll like this one. Then mom and I went opening day to see Becoming Jane. I have to say, it was terribly romantic. Notice I which word I stress. I went into it knowing that Jane Austen never marries, but I was just a bit hopeful that they would take some artistic license or end in a good place. Alas, my hope was in vain. Now, I'm not saying that the movie wasn't good, or that the romance wasn't wonderful either. It's just that . . . well I really like a happy ending where where everyone gets what they deserve. Both the good and the bad. The actors were fabulous and the music was amazing. It also made me want to research Jane's life a little bit more to see how well they stuck to the facts. I'll probably watch it again, but this time I think I will like it more, knowing exactly where the movie is going.
Last weekend I also saw the Hale Center Theater's production of The Secret Garden with mom, Victoria, Katrina and Aaron. I have seen this musical before, but I was seven and honestly couldn't remember anything about it. So this was nice to revitalize my memory. The actors/ singers were amazing. The girl who played Mary was outstanding! I loved the overall staging and performance - but then again, when is anything bad at the Hale? I really liked the corridor sequence with the ghosts in the picture frames. That was super creative. Overall though, I don't think that I would ever pay money to see the play again. I just didn't think there was anything spectacular about the music or play. I'd rather watch the 1980's movie - you know the one where they get married at the end. It was interesting, but not memorable.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment