I have been watching this on and off for almost a week now. Just to prove my obsession, the next little bit I have written completely from memory. Yeah, I know. I bet you wish you could do it though.
Henry says "There's a ten minute stop here. I think we have to wait for a north bound train to pass." (Margaret opens the train door, steps down and brushed back a few strands of hair as the train approaches. She approaches the train, then the camera switches to the train and we see Mr Thornton is in it, staring out the window in deep thought. The train stops, he opens the door. He looks up and sees Margaret and smiles astonishedly. He walks over to her.) "Where are you going?" he says. "To London, I've been to Milton." she says and looks down somewhat embarrassed. He says "You might guess where I've been," while he pulls a yellow rose from his breast pocket. "To Halston. I thought those had all gone." she says. "I found it in the hedgerow. You have to look hard. (pause) Why were you in Milton?" He says. "On business. That is I have a business proposition, but I'll need Henry to explain." she says while turning towards Henry. He grabs her arm and says "You don't need Henry to explain." They move towards the nearby bench and sit down. "I have to get this right . . . it's a business arrangement. I have some 15 thousand pounds lying around earning very little interest. Now my financial advisers tell me that if you were to use it to run Marlborough Mills, you could give me a much better rate of interest. So you see . . . it is only a business matter . . . You would not be obliged to me in any way. It is you who would be doing me (He grabs her hand) the service." She entwines her other hand in his and then brings his hand up and kisses it. He takes his other hand and holds her face while he leans in and kisses her (most thoroughly!). The camera flips to Henry and then back to them kissing. Now both of his hands are holding her face. You hear the conductor say "The London train is about to depart. London train is about to depart." He lets go of her and she stands up to leave. He watches her go and then turns away, unsure of what to do. She walks up Henry, who is standing in the train. She says, "Henry, I . . ." Henry looks at her, hands her her bag and says "Good bye Margaret." Then Henry sits down and closes the train door. Now you see Thornton's reflection through the window and then Margaret's as she approaches. He turns and with astonished joy says "Your coming home with me." She looks up at him most happily while she hands her bag over to him. Then she gets in the train. He follows and closes the door. The train leaves the station. They are both sitting, smiling at each other. He has his hand around her shoulders. Then they kiss. Now you see them through the train window kissing. They stop and smile then continue kissing. They stop again and she looks down while he is looking at her. Then she looks up and out of the train window and smiles. (Roll end credits).
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment