How many paramedics does it take to help a man who is having a seizure? It seems that the answer is 10. Yep that's right. Ten paramedics came into the library today to help a man who was having a seizure. It felt like I was part of a bad Polish joke or something. To both Carol and my disappointment, the cute fireman was not among the paramedics there. We had hoped . . . but it was in vain.
Then, a patron came up and told us that there was no toilet paper in one of the stalls in the downstairs bathroom. Tommy looked at the woman and said "I'll get security right on it." It took a few seconds before he realized his error.
One of the largest men I have ever seen walked into the library today. I mean two people probably wouldn't be able to put their arms around him. He was huge! Not only that though, he was wearing a big black trench coat (I shudder to think how many yards of fabric that was). Underneath he had on a kilt and all of the paraphernalia to go with it, including a little beret. It was one of the oddest things I have seen in a while.
And lastly, a woman came up and asked me to help her with her computer. She had made a reservation and was having rough time logging in. I go over there and see several dialog boxes in front of the login screen, but this woman seems oblivious to them. She shows me how she types in her password, while I take the mouse to close the boxes. The mouse is not working. She turns to me, once she's typed in her login and says "See, it just doesn't work." In my mind I'm thinking, "I think your bigger problem is that your mouse isn't working moron!" Kindly I tell that there is something wrong with the computer, so I'll cancel her reservation and get her on another computer. (I find it funny that people reserve computers when there are several available. You'd just have to sit down and type your card number in. It's like reserving a seat at an empty restaurant. It just blows me away). I tell Tommy about the broken mouse and while I'm doing that another patron sits down at the computer. Tommy asks me if I think he should tell the patron about the mouse. I told him, if the patron doesn't notice it, why should we inform of it?
One more thing . . . today I got to go down to the library book sale. It's like Christmas in a room. I love to look through all of the books knowing that paperbacks are $1 and hardbacks, cds and videos are $2. I spent about an hour down there, just browsing away. I bought 21 paperbacks. Maybe later I'll write down them all. I mostly got comic books for the bathroom and romance novels I haven't read. It was wonderful! Talk about one of my favorite days of the year!!! I love the library book sale!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment