Monday, April 21, 2008
Vaccination
Today I received my last shot in the series for the Cervical Cancer Vaccine. It's the Gardasil shot. Girls, talk to your doctor and get this shot! Three shots and you won't get Cervical Cancer. Most insurances should pay for it or a good portion of it because it's preventative care. Mine paid the whole thing. Wahoo! Otherwise it's around $100 a shot, but even still, $300 vs. Cancer Treatment? It's a no-brainer. The only problem is that there is an age deadline for getting the vaccine. I think it's 26 or 27 years of age, but I'd have to check. If you haven't started the series, get on the phone and talk to your doctor. I should warn you though, they are rather painful shots. My sister said it feels like they sucked muscle out of her arm. I don't think it was that bad. It reminds me of a Tetanus shot, it aches for about three weeks. But don't let that deter you. It's so worth it! Ok, I'll step down from my soap box now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment