Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

"A Few Moments of Delicious Silence . . ."

On Saturday, I had a North and South movie night. I love that movie! In fact I have yet to take it out of my DVD player. I watch little bits and pieces every day - which always include the train scene. Last night I took out my copy of the novel and read all of my favorite parts. I really like the end where "after some time of delicious silence" they then begin to talk. I love the imagery. I see all sorts of wonderful things in my head that could happen during those moments.

Kind of on the same subject, we bought new telephones this weekend. After several months of nasty electronic squealing and interference with the wireless network, we finally got new phones. They are actually super nice and were advertised not to interfere with the wireless network. Hooray! Yesterday at dinner I was talking with my mom and sister about the different features of the phones. My one large request was for all of the phones to have the same ring tone. I told them that I couldn't handle it if every time the phone rang there was this cacophony of noise. True to form Victoria asked "What do you mean decaffeinated noise?" After much laughing I then explained to her what I meant.

I have been playing around with the different CSS styles that blogger has, so over the next little while I'll probably have all sorts of changes to my blog. Oh what fun it is to play with the CSS designs every day!

5 comments:

Matt and Haley said...

I'm in the middle of watching North & South right now! Too funny. I watch bits and pieces each day when Caleb is playing by himself. It's my second time to watch the movie. I didn't enjoy it much the first time around, but am liking it better this time. I need to read the book!

Emmy Z. said...

I just bought the book and am SO excited to read it after I finish what I'm currently reading.

And, what did phones have to do with North and South?...

Find anything super cool with CSS styles, and you can promptly inform me. :)

Michelle said...

LOVE the new layout, it is so fun to watch you learn all this stuff and put it to use!

Lisa Chin said...

Nice new look! I'm looking forward to putting all your knowledge to good use next week! The North and South movie night was great. I too enjoyed the train scene. Very romantic. Deep sigh.

Miss M said...

I love the new background. So cute.

Marie