Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tap Dancing at the Airport

On Thursday this last week Mom and I went to the airport to pick up my brother and his father-in-law and drive them to Provo. We left the house a little bit early in case their flight came in early. When we pulled off the freeway we noticed an abundance of police cars on the sides of the road to ticket speeders. My mom rarely speeds, so there was no issue there. We pulled into the park and wait lot so we could watch when their flight arrived. We turned off the engine and checked the flight info sign and then noticed to our right, in the row in front of us a kid had parked his car and was outside just practicing his dance moves around his red truck. It was very entertaining. I was amazed at his self confidence or lack of self awareness. Then, as we unabashedly continued to watch him I realized that I recognized the steps he was dancing. It made me a little sad that I haven't done tap in a while. I love it, heck, I have three pair of shoes: a 3-year-old used pair, my current pair and a new pair sitting in their box. Anyway, it made me wish I was still taking lessons.

Then my brother called and told us they were waiting outside for us - even though the park and wait sign said their flight was still en route. So we turned the car back on and went to pick them up. Right as we were pulling up the ramp to where they were waiting a police car flagged us down. Now, we weren't speeding so we weren't sure what the problem was. The police officer asked us where we were coming from and we said "Salt Lake." And he was like "Really? Your lights have been off the whole way?" Then we told him we'd been in the park and wait. To which he said "Ok then. Just turn them on for the rest of the drive." Which we did. The whole experience was a little embarrassing because just 50 feet in front of us was my brother, watching this all transpire.

In the last little while I have designed four new blog backgrounds, including my own. This is the first one that I was paid to design (which will look really cool when he actually puts in an entry!) and then there were my two friends Beckie and Lisa's blogs that I worked on this week. I have to say, I'm a little bit proud of myself for how well they turned out.

Also, last week my brother and sister got a 2 day old foster baby. Here's a picture of me holding the cute Little D. (Yeah, I wasn't feeling that great, so it's not my best hair day.)

3 comments:

Ariane said...

Congrats to Ryan and Melissa (I'm guessing its them who have the foster baby.) Are they foster parents, fostering to adopt, or have they adopted this baby? Give me the details! We love to hear these kinds of stories!

Emmy Z. said...

I didn't know you quit tap! When did that happen?? Why??

I love the blogs you've designed. I've been anxiously awaiting Spencer's blog debut!

How exciting to have another baby around!

Keep in touch, sista.

Shelly! said...

I think that most of us would agree it's time to head back to the tap world :)

And guess what - Eric didn't even tell me that story!!! But that did make it fun to read it first here.