The exhibit was great. I had seen a lot of it before; the cross-sections and single organs. But there was some new stuff that was neat. This exhibit focused mainly on the heart so there were a lot of displays of veins throughout the body. They had an interesting exhibit on embryos. Victoria said she liked this exhibit better than the one at the Science and Industry Museum in Chicago. I on the other hand thought that the one in Chicago was a bit more thorough. They had some displays of animals which were interesting; a cow's heart, the veins in a rooster, a cat's heart and a dissected camel.
Bottom line: the displays were great but I don't know that it was worth full price. It was rather crowded, there were a lot of lines and bottle necks. I feel they could have space planned the exhibit a lot better. Knowing the floor plan of the old library, I was a little surprised at how poorly it was planned. I think the exhibit in Houston was much better, spatially speaking. If it comes again to the Leonardo (which by the way I don't think will ever become a museum under current management) I don't think I'd bother - especially for the price.








3 comments:
I agree that the Chicago embryo exhibit was a bit better. One thing I didn't like about Body Worlds was the constant heartbeat noise...it gave me a bit of a headache. It was interesting though.
My neighbor was very disappointed that there were so many people, and that the lines were so long to get in on the day she went. She was also dissapointed with peoples sophmoric jokes about body parts and fat. However, she loved seeing the bodies and really wished she had been able to enjoy it with a bit more space. My girls keep asking to go but I refuse to pay the price. I'd rather see a play or musical. :) Oh speaking of which we need to get our acts together and get tickets for Scarlet Pimpernel!
I LOVED the exhibit in New York, and went again in Chicago (not as good as NY, but it was fine). I wanted to take Adam while we were in Utah, but we didn't make it. Now I don't feel so guilty! Thanks Ali!
Post a Comment