Photoshop Brushes: Sometimes I get in a downloading mood and I just can't seem to get enough of them. I lost my favorite set in a quest to organize them all. But gratefully I was able to recreate them.
Outlander by Diana Gaboldon: This was 850 pages of wonderfulness. I was a little worried about the length of the book, but honestly once I got into it I hardly noticed it. It had a wonderful story and great character development. I'm excited to read more of the series, but I think I need to take a breather and read some short easy stuff for a little while.
Tess of the d'Ubervilles: One of the most horrible movies I've spent four hours of my life on! I felt bad for all of the crap Tess has to put up with and yet in the end she gets condemned to death because she finally took her retribution on the man who seduced her. It's just a bunch of horribleness finished off by more horribleness.
The Quantum of Solace: Better than Casino Royale, although lacking in the leading lady romance of the other James Bonds. I loved the text they used to name the places they were. The fonts were great and the words really blended into picture. I know, go figure my favorite part is the fonts.
Daniel Deronda: I remember not really enjoying this movie when it first came out on Masterpiece Theater. But it had been such a long time ago that I thought I'd check it out again and see if it was really as bad as I thought. Luckily it wasn't. I really enjoyed it. Although any movie with a handsome leading man has my vote. So, yeah, it was much better than I remember.
The X Games: I'm not a real sports fanatic, but this was cool. Mom and I went to the gym last week and instead of reading what we brought, ended up watching this. It was awesome to see the snowmobile tricks and the skiing tricks. I don't know that I would go out of my way to watch it, but it really was neat.
Fog: On Friday Mom and I left the gym in a cloud of fog. I don't remember being in fog this bad before. The visibility was like 10 feet. It was really surreal.
Wheat Thins, Double Stuf Oreos and Cinnamon gummy hearts: I'm telling you, I just can't seem to get enough of these wonderful, oh-so-healthy foods.
Apple Pie: On the same train of thought, we made pies over the weekend and they were most delicious. I love, love, love my mom's apple pie! When we made it for Thanksgiving I'm a little embarrassed to say that I ate the whole 11 inch pie all by myself. It was over a week however and I never had more than two pieces a day. I can't think of anything better than apple pie for breakfast!
Snow: On Sunday it snowed like crazy. When I woke up on Monday morning there was at least 8 inches of snow. It's been a little warm lately, so the bottom of the snow was slush. My sister was supposed to shovel some of it, but true to fashion she wouldn't get up and only ended up shoveling maybe 10 square feet of snow. Instead of shoveling she spent most of her time trying to get the snow blower to work. (I think our snow blower knows the difference between men and women because it never seems to work for us girls!) So, when she had to go to work I got left with the shoveling. This is what I shoveled: most of the snow off my sister's car, half of the west driveway and gutter, the sidewalk, the walkway to our front door, the east driveway and gutter and the walk to our back door. It took me over an hour and a half to do it and man, every muscle in my body aches! I don't think that I've shovelled that much snow single handedly before. But if not me, who was going to do it?
The Time of Aspen Falls by Marcia Lynn McClure: What a delightful read! All her books are delightful. I received it in the mail on Saturday and finished it last night. There's still the silly sub plot, but the romance is most enjoyable.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I can understand your font and brushes obsession - perhaps not to the extreme of your obsession but my own is very similar. Go to Fox.com and look at the TV show Fringe. I love the way they float the words of where the characters are - great big letters, not sure the font. Not sure that the show is one you would enjoy as much as I do, but you know.
I'll have to look for the books you mentioned. I'm reading Mr. Knightly's diary but can't get buried in it the way I would like to.
And one more thing - life without Double Stuff Oreos would be a very sad life indeed!
Quantum of Solace is perhaps my favorite Bond film. Maybe my favorite film seen in theaters in 2008 (although The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was supremely beautiful).
Glad you got your photoshop brushes back in order.
I have to agree with you on the cinnamon hearts. That is my favorite part about Valentine's Day! I can down those suckers pretty quickly.
Post a Comment