Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Last night I was able to go with my ward to the Draper temple open house. Little did I know that it was the first day of the open house. We had tickets for 8:20 pm and with the volumes of people we didn't get up to the temple until at least 9:00 pm. But it was ok, because I just got to sit around chatting with my friends from my ward as well as some friends from the other single's wards that meet in our building.

The temple was beautiful. I've not gone through one of the smaller temples, so that was new. All I can say is it was worth the wait. Everything was fantastically beautiful. In one of the rooms there was a chandelier that was at least 10 feet tall made with thousands of crystals. It looked like something in the Swarovski store.

Below are pictures I took with my friends, as well as I picture I got from lds.org.

An artist's rendering of the temple

A bunch of my friends (from left to right):
Victoria, Sara, Holly, Becca, Me, Jen, Beckie and Mary.

Here we are in from of the temple.
These are the girls I drove up with.
Me, Becca, Holly and Beckie

This time I'm taking the picture.
Janet, Beckie, Becca and Holly

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Wow, lucky you! I need to see about getting tickets soon, my neighbor, Dawn, wants to come too, so I need to make sure I don't miss out!

Beckie said...

Wow, we are so cute! Thanks for posting these photos Ali. P.S. I went again with my family yesterday morning, and this time we had 0 wait time - walked right in to the movie, walked right out to the bus, done and done. Guess they worked out the bugs!

P.S. my "word verification" word for this comment is "gynasol." Sounds like some kind of feminine hygiene medicine. Sick!