Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Blooms of Summer

Now I'd like to say that I'm an expert gardener, but I'm not. I'd like to say that I have no weeds and my gardens are well manicured, but that too would be a lie. The other day while I was lamenting the fact that we still have weed barrier to lay and wood chips to spread I took a good look at the flowers. It made me think that perhaps all of this crappy yard work would turn out ok. So, while my niece gabbed to herself in the swing, I shot some photos of the beautiful blooms in my garden. If I don't know half of the names of these flowers, but they can still be beautiful without knowing it.


This is what my niece was doing while took the next pictures.




This is Russian Sage




Two views of the same flower


















Daisy (I'd feel a little dumb if I couldn't name this one)




I love this cluster of roses in varying stages of growth








These are Fuchsias. I have to say that my mom started these
as two inch seedlings. How great do they look?
Yeah, I think these are my favorite flowers in our garden.






4 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Great flower photos! I love taking close-ups of my flowers because then you can cut out all the weeds and ignore them. ;)

Shelly! said...

Absolutely gorgeous. That last picture, of the fucshia that is red and purple, looks SO fitting for your backyard :)

Miss M said...

These are such great shots. How beautiful. And it makes me jealous I don't have a yard, let alone one with such fabulous flowers.

Matt and Haley said...

Wow, so beautiful! Great photography too.