Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Third Day in California

Day 3 we headed out to Santa Barbara. It's about a 2 hour trip from Eric and Shell's house. The car rides were fun, so it didn't seem that long. The first thing we did when we arrived was to watch the Annual Summer Solstice Parade that the city puts on. Shell's family saved us seats, so we had a great view. The one drawback was that I forgot to put some sun screen on, so my foot and neck got burned.





Eric's across the street taking video of us and the parade





This was a six person tricycle. It was bizarre!





Will got his arms painted by one of the people in the parade



Don't you just want to take him home and keep him?









Then we headed out to the Santa Barbara beach. It was a great day for being on the beach. It was windy and a perfect temperature. Everyone loved it.



Walker's in the blue, pretending to be asleep in the sand





Eric, Kaye (Shell's Mom) and I are watching Will play in the sand



Walker's up with his Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Jon helping them with the kite



This is Becca (Shell's cousin), Eric, Will, Shell and Victoria



We stopped at the Santa Barbara mission. It was fun to look around.





Isn't this chalk art great?



After this we walked down Main Street in downtown Santa Barbara. Then we split up to get dinner and then head back. We were all pretty tired, so we all just crashed when we got home.

The next morning we packed and headed back to SLC. It was great to see everyone, but it tugs on my heartstrings to have to say goodbye. Hopefully we'll see them soon!

Eric, Shell, Will and Walker - Thanks for the wonderful tours and adventures! I hope we can do it again.

4 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

I LOVE chalk art. It always amazes me how talented people are. The beach and parade looked like a lot of fun too. You really did a lot in one day! I'm tired just reading about it.

Michelle said...

What a fun day. I can't believe you fit all that in just day!

Matt and Haley said...

Will and Walker have grown up so much!

jillian said...

All the California pictures are fabulous! Looks like you got alot done in three days. You guys must have been on the move the whole time. I love the picture of Steph with the little boys.