
Easy Virtue
I actually just watched this one last night. It was an interesting little story. There were some super funny parts that I still chuckle when I think about them. It actually ended the way I wanted it to, so that was also good. It's a rather slow moving plot, but that didn't bother me. I don't know whether I'd watch it again, but I did enjoy it.

The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Most people who've seen this told me it was cheesy and not worth my time. Well, I really liked the actors in it, so I wanted to make my own judgment call. It had it's moments and it ended well, but definitely a one timer, for me. I don't think I'd really recommend it to anyone though.

Love Happens
I went with my mom and grandma to see this on Monday. It was a lot better than any of us had anticipated. It's a cute and touching little romance. They deal with some heavy issues in it (like death and blame), but I feel it's message was uplifting. I never thought I would cry watching someone go into the Home Depot, but this movie proved that wrong. Also, Aaron Eckhart is enjoyable to watch for a couple of hours.

Smallville Season 8
I am a sucker for this show. I haven't gotten great reception for the channel it's aired on until we all went digital. So, I've watched the last seasons once they came out on dvd. I like the stories and I like where they've come from and where they're going. It was nice not to have to deal with Lex or Lana that much, but instead you got Tess, Lois and Davis. It was fun to have more time with the justice league and I love that Clark is working with Lois for the Daily Planet. I love their dynamic together. It makes me smile.

Emma (BBC 2009)
Can I just say I LOVE IT!!! Four episodes of fun with Emma and Mr. Knightley. I love the cast and I love the script. I think I've watched the last 15 minutes like fifty times. They ended this movie well. Very well! Masterpiece Theater will air it mid-January, so set your tape recorders. You will not be disappointed! Oh, and the picture is a background I made for my computer, so you can download it if you want.

Fringe Season 1
I'm telling you, J.J. Abrams has done it again. What a fun show. It reminded me of Alias mixed with X-Files and CSI. It's fast paced and creative. I can't wait to watch season 2.

Inkheart
I read the book a couple of years back and rather enjoyed it. I think I got about 30 minutes into it and was just totally bored, so I didn't finish it.

The Mentalist Season 1
Simon Baker, every episode. Need I say more? The stories are great and the cast is fun. I loved it and am enjoying the second season as well. Thursday nights on CBS are a lot of fun.

Psych Season 3
If you've never seen Psych, you're missing out. What a funny, funny show! I love Shawn and Gus. The stories are always fun and imaginative. I hope they keep this show running for many seasons more.

Pretender 2001
I know this series ran back in the 90s, but I love it. I hadn't seen the movies that were made after it, so I downloaded them onto my ipod. I enjoyed this one and someday soon will watch the other.

Push
Great premise, lots of potential and totally lame movie. I didn't expect a lot, which makes it even sadder that it was lousy. It was a waste of my time, I'm sorry to say.


2 comments:
Psych has got to be the funniest show on television. So well written and full of random references. LOVE IT! Also have to agree with your recommendations of Fringe, The Mentalist and The Pretender. I havent' seen the Pretender in a long long time. I didn't like the way the series ended but what can you do?
Thanks for the heads up on the new Emma! Is this something you downloaded somewhere or is it available on DVD to buy? It would be a great Christmas present for a certain older daughter of mine. :)
Thanks for all the other reviews as well. I will have to say that I loved Inkheart the movie but I hadn't read the book yet. Now that I have read the book I can see where the movie would seem disappointing.
Hey Ali,
I watched the BBC version of Emma this week and I actually thought of you. I usually do think of you when I watch any Jane Austen movie. You did, after all, introduce me to Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version) and there the addiction began.
-Amy
Post a Comment