Monday, September 17, 2007
The Best Dream Ever!
I had the best dream ever a couple of nights ago. The setting is early 1800s (think Dr. Quinn) and for some reason I have to get married to a man I have never met. It was arranged. I don't know what the circumstances were but I needed a husband and this man needed a wife. I think it was kind of a mail order bride type thing. Any way I end up marrying this man. He's tall, muscular (not Hulk) and has beautiful salt and pepper hair. (I never thought I was one for that color, but mmmmm!) He seemed to resent me and yet was resigned to marry me. So after the marriage we go back to his cabin. It has very tall ceilings and a big bedroom. I realize that this man is pretty wealthy. I try to strike up a conversation several times, but he only replies with single word answers. So eventually I stopped trying and we were just silent together. Well, several days or months (who knows?) pass and we go into town. This was my first trip into town since we were married. I was excited and nervous. My husband drops me off at the store while he goes off and does his own errands. I begin my shopping while more customers come in. I don't pay them too much notice, but they seem to notice me. At first they are pleasant, but as the minutes tick by the conversation starts becoming attacking. I started getting flustered. I didn't know what to say. The women it seemed were jealous that I married one of the wealthiest men in town. (I didn't know that he was wealthy when I agreed to marry him.) So after a little bit more time has passed, I am visibly upset. Then suddenly I feel this hand on my shoulder. It's my husband. He turns to the ladies and tells that them that if they decide to pick on me, it's just like picking on him. He will make an enemy of anyone who doesn't treat his wife with respect. The ladies leave flushed and I turn around incredulously. My husband is looking down at me with a look I've never seen in his eyes. If I hadn't fallen in love with him at first sight, that moment would have clinched the deal. After a few moments of staring into each other's eyes, we quietly leave the store and head to the alley next to it. I look up at him and ask why he just did that, when he hasn't taken notice of me since we were married. He looks at me and chuckles. He says "Not noticed you? I couldn't not notice you. Everywhere I looked there you were. Even when you weren't around I could see you in my mind. As much as I tried to stay away, it didn't stop the the longing." He pauses here, a little self conscious, a little hesitant. He stares at his feet and then slowly raises his eyes to mine and says "Today I finally told myself to give up, to resign from staying away from you. I want to be with you all the time. I don't know how it happened, but I fell in love with you. Actually I think it was from the first moment I saw you. At that moment I started my descent. I love you!" I can't speak for all the happiness and joy inside of me. Then ever so slowly he leans towards me and gives me the first kiss we would share as a married couple. And then I woke up. I remember thinking that my dream husband was a mighty fine kisser. But then again I would hope so. It's so funny. For all of the romantic movies and books that I enjoy, my dreams are never that wonderful. I can't even tell you how it made my day. Oh good glory!!! I can't wait to go to sleep again to see if I can re-dream it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment