I read this book over the last week Courting Trouble by Deanne Gist. I have read other books by her and rather enjoyed them. They had cute romances and the plots were decent. So I bought this book thinking that it should be about the same as her other books. I was a little hesitant because the main character was 30 years old. I know, I'm prejudiced. I just don't like thinking about a 30ish religious person dating. But I pushed on. Well this girl meets with three different suitors in the book. She dates all of them, but in the end decides that God wants her to be single. WHAT!?! I mean really, it was the crappiest ending I have ever read. I don't read to see real life. I read to be taken away from reality and into a wonderful place where in the end every thing is happily ever after. That was so not the case. I was so mad that I spent a couple of hours of my life reading this retarded book. ARGH!
On a brighter note, I went and saw Stardust today. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical, but I was going with my friends. It was so not what I expected. It was really super cool. I loved all of the fantasy. It had a great story line, the actors were fab, and it was just cool to watch. I especially liked all of the brothers. They were so funny as ghosts! I mean this movie had Michelle Pfieffer, Robert De Niro, Peter O'Toole, Rupert Everett, Claire Danes and Ian McKellen to name a few. I was a little disappointed that the main character was kind of ugly. I know, shallow. But I have to say that once he gets a different haircut - he is redeemed. He looks pretty darn good! It was an all out fun movie. There is witches, princes, magic and pirates. How cool is that? Anyway, I would definitely take the time to go and see it. It doesn't disappoint!
Favorite quote of the day: " There are two people in this house. Yeah, and one of them is nuts!" Glass Bottom Boat
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment