I rather think it does. We are getting a stairwell sheet rocked and painted. While my mom was getting the area ready for the workers she managed to pry off of the banister a piece of gum that was easily 25 years old. How gross is that? And then, she decided to show it to me. It has been a long weekend and I am rather sleep deprived. So in that state I have been a little bit off and silly. Mom and I have been coming up with group names or specifically, for all of you English lovers, collective nouns. My favorites so far have been a shortness of dwarfs and a smidgen of midgets. Feel free to come up with your own and post them on the comment board. If they're good, I'll post them up here.
"Let me be your wings. Let me be your only love . . ." I just finished watching Thumbelina this morning - the cartoon. I haven't seen it years, but this weekend my nephews were in and we had a party with Ryan's in-laws and they have kids as well, so I ended up putting it in for them to watch. Overall it is really corny, but I remember when I was younger that I was in love with Cornelius. I know he's a cartoon, but I wanted to marry the fairy prince. I mean, who doesn't? So I finished it this morning and now I can't get the songs out of my head. "You're sure to do impossible things, if you follow your heart." I don't know how long this will last so I'm warning you all now, beware. I might just be humming songs from Thumbelina.
Psych. Have you seen this tv series? I am addicted. I rented it from the library at the recommendation of my brother Eric. I have to tell you the premise. This guy is really observant and has a photographic memory. He uses his skills to call in tips to the local police. One time the police call him on suspicion of being an accomplice. This guy realizes that if he tells them he's just super observant they won't believe him, so he tells them he's a psychic. And thus, the series begins. The "psychic's" friend is that really cute guy from Holes. The one who's always saying "I can do that." I have four episodes left in the first season and I am just loving it. It is hilarious! I haven't seen any tv show this funny in a long time. It's a little reminiscent of Remington Steele.
I have just finished reading Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas. So far I have been impressed with her books. I like her plots. They are not easily guessed at. The romance is wonderful too. They do have a couple graphic scenes, but the self-controlled reader can just skip over them. This last one was really cute. Lara finds out that her husband, who was pronounced dead, has come back to life. Now she has to figure out if it is really him or some wonderful impostor. I guessed right as to whether he was an impostor or not. It was a delightful read!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment