Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Flashback Friday: A Few Of Our Favorite Things

It all started with a conversation that my mom and I had a couple of days ago. We were going to get out some Fisher Price toys for Addie to play with and I started thinking that perhaps we should get some girl toys out too. So I was thinking back about some of my favorite toys and wondering if we had kept them. When my brother came over today he helped us get all of the toys out of the attic.

As I went through them all I was disappointed that some of my favorite toys were not up there (Polly Pockets and Precious Places). They both were pretty expensive and not something that we would just throw away. After some extensive looking in closets, under stairs, in the storage room, etc. they were not to be found. We decided that we could clean out a couple of cupboards in the garage to store the toys in a more accessible place. Low and behold, in one of the top cupboards my favorite toys had taken residence! Not only that, but we found some old wooden paper dolls. It was awesome!

Below are some pictures I took of all of my siblings and my toys that were found in the garage/attic.


Inside the Attic


View from the attic into the garage


The first box of dolls and stuffed animals,
and some Cabbage Patch dolls


Toys that used to be out in our playhouse. We had dishes, utensils, a teapot, plastic food and a conveyor belt with a cash register attached. How lucky were we?!


Fisher Price Off-Shore Cargo. Although this is kind of a boy toy I remember really enjoying playing with it in the bath tub.


Legos galore!


The second box of dolls, a good portion of these were mine, like the Crimp 'n' Curl Cabbage Patch and the Hug-A-Bunch doll.


The Fisher Price house and City/Market Street


G.I. Joes and other random boy stuff. And I just have to say that Ryan was as excited about those blue wings as I was about my Precious Places and Polly Pockets.


Polly Pockets!


Precious Places. These toys worked with a magnetic key


This is Ryan's sense of humor.
Can you see the gun he's holding to the dolls head?


Yes, that really says "Ryanosorous Rex"


Some of the furnishings and Barbie dresses. Anything that's knitted or plastic canvas my grandma made.


We had a Barbie size piano


Lots and lots of Barbies and clothes


Duplo blocks

2 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

I remember wanting a Polly Pocket, but I don't think I ever got one. ...Wait - maybe ONE. Then I see your picture of all yours. We would have been BEST friends. :)

Lisa Chin said...

Wonderful! What great memories.