Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Favorite is Mashed Potatoes.

Maybe this should be a Flashback Friday entry, but I don't have any pictures that have me in them, so I guess I'll call this Sunday Specials. (I just crack myself up!)

Today was Stake Conference which means everyone is done with church at the same time. So, to give my mom a break from cooking, we go out to Chuck-A-Rama for lunch. (If you're not from Utah, Chuck-A-Rama is a buffet restaurant.) That being said, here's the story for today:
Many years back (20 if you want to be precise) I, along with the rest of my kindergarten class, was given the assignment to bring back the next day our favorite recipe for potatoes. At that time my most favorite way to eat potatoes was mashed. So, I didn't bother to ask my mom for the recipe, I all ready knew the recipe.

The next day when I was called upon to share my recipe I said "First you go to Chuck-A-Rama.

Then take a plate and scoop out the mashed potatoes and put the light colored gravy on top.

Then you take your plate back to the table and eat it."
Yeah, the teacher told my mom the story and I'm sure they shared a long, hearty laugh about it.

Now days, I'm not just a mashed potatoes and gravy girl, I like potatoes almost any way you cook them ex: baked, twice baked, hash browns, cheese and bacon hash browns, Idaho "fake" potatoes from a package, with Parmesan, with garlic butter, with cream cheese and even cooked over a fire as a tin foil dinner. (I also like the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and the game Hot Potato).


And since we're on the topic of Chuck-A-Rama, I think that the scones deserve a prize for the best bread item there!

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

How funny! I love potatoes too, and I was just thinking about them last night as we haven't had potatoes in weeks! I may have to rectify that situation this week.

Emmy Z. said...

Those are my favorite recipes: get in the car, drive to {insert restaurant}, order food, and voila!