Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Backyard Evolution

I have tried over the years to keep track of any changes and alterations to the house and yards. As I was looking through pictures today I was able to find pictures that date all the way back to 2004. These are all pictures of the yard and the changes we've made, all the way up to present day (as in this morning!). Enjoy the evolution!

August 2004


Check out those towering sunflowers



This is the yard right before we put the new drought tolerant grass in


Here we poured some more cement pads


This starts the beginning of the deck






June 2008



This is one I don't think my body will ever forget.
This is where Mom and I dug the trench for the dry river bed



July 2008



And my finger pads remember these rocks well






August 2008



The demolishing of the play house




September 2008



How great does this look? Too bad it's mostly weeds!



May 2009



Yep, that's more weeds



June 2009



Hacking down the weeds with friends



July 2009


Now for the day by day.
This was on Thursday, the 2nd
This is the wood chip truck.
Too bad my nephews weren't here to see it.





Mom chatting with the wood chips guy

This starts the weed barrier pics. Putting
down weed barrier is not a particularly fun job.








This starts Friday, the 3rd. Mom and Victoria
had put some chips in Thursday night around
the circle planter. Friday morning Ryan came over
to help, so we got a lot done, even in the heat!






This is how black the dog's feet were after running around on the chips.

And this starts this morning, Saturday, the 4th.
My uncle came over and helped shovel wood chips into
wheel barrows that Mom would dump and Victoria and I raked.

Go team!








We're not done yet, but you have to admit,
we've come a long way since 2004 and it
just keeps looking better and better!

3 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

Wow! Go Ali! My back and arms just hurt thinking about it.

Lisa Chin said...

It is so nice to see all from year to year. You all have put in a ton of work! What kind of chips are those? Everything is really looking great!

Matt and Haley said...

Wowzers! Lots of work!